Sunday 8 June 2014

That Smooth Base Though

Also wearing maybelline the falsies mascara, Rimmel eyebrow pencil, Mac lipstick in Patisserie and bourjois blush in Golden Rose.
I have finally settled on a few base make up items that I think are ones I have trust in and have learned how to use them to suit my skin. I am super fussy with foundation cause I like the base that will stay put without budging and still look how it did in the first place covering up the redness I get on my cheeks and chin, rare but there are a few foundations out there that do the best that I think a foundation can do.
To start with I prep my skin with the Aveeno Skin Relief moisturiser (Review: HERE), and then just a tiny amount of Maybelline New York baby skin instant pore eraser primer because I think if you use too much it does actually make the foundation slip around, so a minute amount just to reduce any imperfections on the surface does the trick. Then I dot my Nars Sheer Glow in Mont Blanc (pale I know) onto my face and blend it in with the Zoeva silk finish brush, this brush makes foundation so quick to blend and leaves it looking even.
I really like to use the Mac Studio Fix Fluid concealer in NC15, which admittedly I think I would prefer NW15 because I think it would brighten and illuminate under the eyes but the NC15 does the job well enough, giving great coverage and stays put almost all day, it might need touching up once in a whole day but it is good. I just use the same Zoeva silk finish brush for ease of cleaning everything and it blends in well.
I sometimes dip into using the Bourjois healthy mix powder (Review: HERE) and just a Collection bronze glow mosaic powder in Radiant just to put a subtle warmth into my pale complexion.

All of these products can be found online but only some in store. 
Whats your favourite foundation?

No comments:

Post a Comment