Wednesday 30 April 2014

Staple Lipsticks


I think lip sticks are very particular and should only be worn if you feel comfortable in them, and for me every lipstick is different, whether it be the colour, texture or longevity of the lipstick. In this post I've tried to pull together 4 categories of lipsticks that are different budget styles.

Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate lipstick in 107
Lets jump right in at the deep end with a bold statement lip colour. This is my favourite lip colour and have used this for a couple of years now, ever since I was becoming more adventurous with my make up. This is the Rimmel London Kate Moss Collection matte lipstick in 107. This is a deep velvety red that dries onto the lips. I do believe that it dries the lips to the point where you will have to carry a lip balm type of product but it's worth it for the seductive colour and texture.


Rimmel London Lasting Finish lip liner in Black Tulip
Following on from the Rimmel London lipstick, this lip liner just holds the colour for longer and  more defined. I only put the lip liner on if I am going out as it's not completely necessary, just makes it more glamorous.
I like to put these two together because they're a fairly similar match, not 100% but close enough that it makes the lipstick glamorous and amazing for nights out and about.


This picture makes the colour look redder than it really is
Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick in 016 Heart Breaker
This is a much pinker, with a hint of red, colour and more sheer. It isn't moisturising, but it's not drying. The only downfall to this girly pink lipstick is the longevity of it. I wouldn't suggesting have a meal out because you will be left with a lip liner effect and no colour on the lips at all. I have to say this picture makes the lipstick look way more bright red than it actually is. On the other hand, this lipstick does seem to have blue undertones which makes the teeth look even whiter.


Topshop lipstick in Ooh La La 
This is a newer lipstick for me, something new I have ventured into. I usually like to stick with something more buttery and neutral, or go all out bold and wear either Mac Rebel or the kate moss lipstick I mentioned in the first paragraph. However for spring I thought I would try something lighter, and this immediately sprung out at me. I have to admit that I thought it would be more pink, but as you can see it's more orangey/coral and I have fallen in love. It's not too pigmented so it doesn't look like you've had to apply it a thousand times because once the colour settles onto the lips, it looks wonderful.


The last thing I think every girl should need to use at some time in her life is a lip balm. This is the Burt's Bee's lip balm, and it is fab. I never used to like vaseline because I thought it felt greasy and I'm just not a fan, however this lip balm just feels super moisturising and isn't sticky afterwards. The other thing I like is that you don't have to use your fingers to apply it. I'm not one for using fingers to apply any make up because all I can think about is all the dirt that has to be left on there, whether you've just washed them or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment