Wednesday 23 April 2014

Everyday Make Up

Obviously, you should start at the beginning, which would be the whole skin care routine, but I feel thats a completely different post entirely.

As you can see some have already been used *guilty*
BASE:
For my base I have been absolutely loving The L'oreal Infallible foundation. I has become one of my most reliant foundations. It's matte but not dehydrating on the skin. I would suggest putting moisturiser on as not to take any chances. It hides blemishes, evens out skin tone and lasts most of the day, I would say reapply after a day at work or school. Exactly what I look for in my foundations. Then I use the Lasting Perfection Concealer to hide those extra red areas and some traumatising blemishes. Finally setting the base with the Bourjois Healthy Balance powder. This was a spontaneous purchase to switch up from the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, and this sets it nicely, adding a bit of extra warmth into my face, being so pale is a chore.

EYES:
I then move onto the eyes just because thats the routine I'm in right now. I really like the NYC HD color quattro in 815 Best of Broadway, which I already have a review on HERE but I like to just use the second to lightest shade all over the lid just so it's not bare, but isn't heavy. I then like to use the L'oreal Colour Riche LeSmokey eyeliner in Brown Fusion because it's super blendable and I like the top lid close to the lash line, and then with a eye shader brush I just blend it a little and blend into the outer corners for more definition. L'Oreal Paris Super Liner Brow Artiste in Dark Brunette is up next just to brush through the brows and define them a little more, as you can tell I don't go in too strong. Finally finishing up the eyes with eyelash curlers and then Maybelline the falsies mascara which I am in love with right now.


CHEEKS:
Next is a slight contouring session using the Sleek Face Contour Kit in Light 884. I'm not a massive contour-er type of girl as most contouring things look a little orange, but this is totally fine as long as I don't pack on the product. Then I just dust on my blusher which is currently the Rimmel London Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in 050 Live Pink, which looks extremely bright in the packaging but once on the cheeks just adds a healthy glow.

LIPS:
This is the final step that I do and is the quickest and easiest if you ask me. I like to switch up my lip colours a lot, but the one I find easiest to maintain is the Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle 001 which is a pinkish brownish type colour and just gives a little oomph to the lips.


This seems like a really long process when explained by typing, but it really only takes me half an hour or less in the morning depending on how tired I am. I think all of the products I use can be found in either Boots or Superdrug and aren't too expensive (which is why I use them as everyday make up).


No comments:

Post a Comment